Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the stumbling of Obama...

By now, I'm sure you've heard it, of the stumblings by Obama, from the shady real estate deal, to his association (and now dissociation) to his pastor, Jeremiah Wright.

What was it that alot of people say? That when a black man cries foul, he's crying for justice; when a white man cries foul, it's racism? Don't get me wrong, I'm neither black or white, so I'm entitled to certain impartiality on the issue. While it's undeniable that the blacks had suffered much wrongs in the past centuries. There's no doubt about that. But I've always been troubled by black liberation theology, and how easy it can be hijacked by some black folk who cries foul. If I were a someone in power, and I am to give a sermon on fellow countrymen on how to rise up to the occasion, I would not have started out by recounting how I'm being stepped on. I would focus on the opportunities that I could get and how to seize upon them.

I have no doubts though, that Wright has touched on those in the past 20 years that Obama has been in his flocks. In view of the controversy that Wright's sermons generate, for Obama now to come out and denounce his own pastor, and to deny that he hasn't heard him in those sermons, over the PAST 20 YEARS, is flat-out lying. I'm very unimpressed by Obama. I couldn't comprehend how main media can say that he handles himself well.

And then, there was the real estate deal by an indicted developer friend of Obama, who was a long time personal friend, contributes much to his campaign, involves in shady practice, and helped Obama in securing land for extending Obama's backyard. If you tell me that Obama, being an adult, and a senator and a professor no less, that he does not that any of those smells conflict of interests, he again is flat-out lying. After much ado, now he would admit it's a mistake.

Oh, and he has the thick skin to tell us, in yet another speech, that we should move pass all those. That, after he's suffered all those racial stuffs, he's decided that we shouldn't be talking about race...because really, his pastor was talking about it. Of course, he always tries to position himself to be above all fray, and that he's NOT about race. But as Geraldine Ferraro rightly pointed out, he's ALL about race. If he's not black, he would NOT have all those black votes. Afterall, blacks always vote one of their own, even a convicted felon (case in point: Marion Barry), no matter how hard Clintons have worked with/for them, and how much they have loved the Clintons. (Though Bill Clinton's remarks during his campaigning in South Carolina came across as pretty patronizing, but really I very much doubt if that's the galvanizing factor for the blacks to turn.)

No comments: