Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back from hiatus...

Oh boy, I've almost completely forgotten - and have totally neglected - my blog.  I'm quite certain now, that when one is busy, journal writing is the first task to forfeit. I don't like tumblr or similar facilities with short posts. When I write my thoughts, I write. I don't do short bursts.

So much has happened in the news.  The Edward Snowden leak: major news, though with the central character having as big an ego as Julian Assange, the wikileaks guy, I'm quite put off by it. The impending strike to Syria: déjà vu (Iraq, anyone?). The not-so-curious case (and trial) of Bo Xilai: *yawn* (a Chinese political attempt, closely reminiscent to the trial of The Gang Of Four, to show the world that they have rule of law, when literally everyone knows that it's all a rule of people, over Bo, the loser in the latest political power struggle; everyone knows those in the upper echelon is just as corrupt). Or even trash news like the new baby of Prince William and Kate Middleton (as if I care...).  The list goes on.

With all those, I should have jogged down my thoughts more often. 

But after a summer-long vacation to Australia, my thoughts are on the latest election result which just came out yesterday.  More on that next...

No comments: