Friday, April 27, 2007

On Rosie, and The View...

I don't have a TV. I don't have the need for a TV. As it is, I can't find enough time to do the personal things that I want/need to do, not to mention being a couch potato.

Having said that, sometimes TV offers interesting content. I appreciate YouTube to allow me to see most of those that I find interesting, albeit bits and pieces of it, like the Letterman show and Rosie on The View.

I never watched The View. In fact, I didn't even know about this program until I read in the news that Rosie was leaving the program after one year. So, out of curiosity, I checked out some of clips of the talk show on YouTube.

And, how *REFRESHING* it was, to hear the views from Rosie, and to have her say it like the way it is, the way it should be, it's almost like Godsend. Like her view on the Iraqi war, her view on Bush, on Trump, and most everything. (Except perhaps the conspiracy theory of Building 7 collapse on 9/11.) Mainstream media might think she's a bitch, and her views are against the tide. But let me say this, there is a reason why she's so popular, and now I understand why. That's because she's speaking out (however bluntly) on what's been on alot of people's mind, me included. It's the mainstream media who doesn't get it. The attacks on Rosie only makes her speaking out so much more valuable.

And I must say this too, the Elizabeth on The View is soooooo insufferable. I can't believe anyone, and I meant ANYONE, can be spoon-fed by the Bush Administration (but really, Karl Rove) on the topics ranging from the justifications on the Iraq war, Geneva convention, the Patriot Act, the use of torture, and so on, AND SHE REMEMBERS EVERY SINGLE DAMN LINE FROM THE OFFICIAL BUSH SCRIPT!!!! It's just how very unbelievable.

I might as well not have a TV, because if I do, and if I had tuned in to The View, I don't think I can stand a stupid woman's voice-recorded lines like this Elizabeth. Joy is cool, but if there is not a Rosie to tell silly people like Elizabeth to shove it, I'm gonna check out.

No comments: