Sunday, May 11, 2008

On the reversal of fortune of Clinton and Obama...or is it?

Of late, there's been this seemingly reversal of fortune in Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama's pursuit to the Democratic nomination for the 2008 election.

I've been following the primaries closely. I've donated to Clinton's campaign more than once. Amid all these calls for her to drop out, due to the waning support from superdelegates, from what I see it, Clinton is getting stronger support from the the Democratic core groups (working-class whites, hispanic votes, older voters), with the exceptions of newly registered younger college crowds, and black votes. This was further validated in her win in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana.

I'm flabbergasted, that anyone could have ignore that powerful fact, that Clinton is the one who can go toe-to-toe with McCain. If I put myself in the hat of the GOP attack machine, I can easily put together an easy attack list that could take down Obama (which I'm sure anyone with average intelligence can do that too), what with all the racial controversy of his association with Rev Wright; his failure to denounce Wright until Wright turns to become a baggage to his campaign, thereby validating claims that deep down, Obama really endorses the racist views of Wright; his lapse of judgment in tainted deals with Renko; his wife with a chip on her shoulder for claiming she's proud of America for once in all her adult lifetime, ONLY AFTER her husband won a primary. The list goes on and on.

It's never a question, that Obama supporters are much more vocal in their criticism of Clinton, their chanting of the (non)experience of Obama, with nothing more than "inspiring". To me, Obama is all style over substance (cuz he has none). While he might be a decent person, Clinton would prove to be a much, much more qualified to be nominee and President.

If I were to say, it's more like Clinton should be the nominee, and Obama (with much lesser support of Dem cores) should be veep, should they both in on the ticket, rather than the other way round. The Dem party knows damn well, that Obama will not be able to win the nomination outright, unless Clinton bows out. Everyone's criticizing (or praising) Clinton for having the same last name as Bill Clinton, and that they don't want another 8 years of Clinton in White House. But I'd say, I'd love to see that.

I'm just so sick and tired to seeing Obama in the news, and the bashing of Clinton for no valid reasons. As an Independent, I'm going to go for McCain, if Clinton is not there for me.

No comments: