Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: Taking stock - Looking ahead...

I'm really looking forward to my new nephew who's going to be due in April next year. I'm hopeful that all the younger generations, including my kids and all the nephews, are going to do well, both academically and socially.

Well, just when I thought my big sis has found her bearing with this guy, we found this in this past year of 2008 that she has took on some $2.6 million of debts, simply to finance his failed business attempts. I don't know if you could call her stupid or not, but she's now thick in debts, which I'm not sure how long it'll take her to repay. I hope this guy is honorable enough to pay her back the money, but unless and until he shows the money, I can only assume worst-case scenario. I hope I'm wrong.

Much is hinged on the economy. If it continues to go downhill, there won't be much happening in the watch venture. For me, I can only hunker down, beef up my resume with the masters degree, and maybe get a second job too. That would really free up some capital for various ventures and projects.

And to see the kids growing and learning by the day, I remain hopeful and happy. :)

No comments: