Friday, May 25, 2007

On Rosie departing The View early, and the fight with Hasselbeck...

The commentary at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18871660/ captures most of what I feel about Rosie and The View and this Hasselbeck personality quite accurately. I really can't stand the stupidity of Hasselbeck, thinking that she's smart in regurgitating the official lines of "defense" of the Bush administration, the Iraq war, etc.

Bravo to Rosie for speaking out, however bluntly, of what the Bush administration rightly deserves. If I need civility and political correctness, I would not be watching a group of women talking. This might sound sexist, but that's the way it is, in 80% of the time. If I am to watch a talk show, I want sharp angles and straight-talks that I would not have otherwise got from elsewhere. And, indeed, I find the Rosie quite funny too - like her impersonation of The Donald.
So, yes, I would not be watching The View after Rosie's departure. Hasselbeck can go on, as no doubt the network would keep a pretty face on the show, as if it means anything to audience like me.

I hope Rosie will come back in another incarnation.

No comments: