Wednesday, November 7, 2007

On MIT suing Frank Gehry...

I don't know what would enjoy the architecture of Frank Gehry, but I'm certainly, absolutely not one of them. His design is just so darn ugly.

Granted, I'm still surprised to learn of the lawsuit that MIT is mounting, against Frank Gehry and the construction company of the Stata Building, alleging major leaks and flaws in the design and construction of the building. But I'm equally surprised (but not impressed) by the response by Gehry to MIT's lawsuit, saying that it's a complex building (implying issues are bound to surface). I don't think architecture of his design is anywhere nearly as complicated as building a space shuttle by NASA. What would we have, if NASA tells us that, accidents are bound to happen, since this is complex stuffs?!? I certainly do not appreciate the high attitude of Gehry, that he would dismiss criticisms and would not admit to flaws or mistakes. What a jerk.

No comments: