Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On Farrah's iconic swimsuit poster then, and now...

I was reading one latest (so-called) news, of the latest cover girl for the Sports Illustrated's swimsuit cover, and can't help but feeling, how times have changed.

Although Farrah Fawcett is a bit ahead of my times back then, Farrah's iconic swimsuit poster has always been one of my favorite. It's not fleshy, but sexy, foxy, and healthy. Compared that to the the latest Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover, in which the model has to wear so little, strike such suggestive and revealing pose, in order to be considered as "sexy." While I won't trash the latter to the category of looking cheap, I must say it makes the girl look so desperate (to want to be called sexy). It's no comparison to Farrah's pose which is so natural, and she doesn't even need big boots.

One thing is for sure, 30 years on, Farrah's poster remains one iconic classic that it's going to Smithsonian for the future generations to remember. We can be quite sure that the forgettable SI swimsuit cover will not go down that path. In fact, I'm not even sure if anyone would remember it, one year from now.

No comments: