Thursday, February 14, 2008

On the Democrat's confusing rules in counting delegates...

While it's public knowledge that the Democrat's rules in counting delegates are arcane and can be "unreliable," I'm still baffled when I read in the news, of how the complex rules can yield widely different results of the delegate counts for the two Dem candidates (Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton) so far.

It's equally amazing to see that, albeit the highly unreliable numbers so far, main media would cherry-pick whatever delegate counts or poll results that suit their story-of-the-day. Since I've made up my mind on Hilary or nothing, I've pretty much shut out the news of the smug shots of Obama's grin and his "evangelical" speeches of non-details.

I've told my husband that, if Hilary is not the Dem nominee, I'm very prepared to vote for John McCain. Since then, he's been pulling my leg, proclaiming "o-bam-ma" every time he sees his reporting, which is to say, it's often enough, bordering on extreme annoyance. It looks like major media has given up the story on Hilary Clinton, and now that Bill Clinton has pulled back from his attack dog speeches in order not to further push the silly black voters further to the Obama camp, the only fresh face on the Hilary camp is Chelsea who turns out to be a thoughtful and polished advocate for her mother. So, I told my husband, he can o-bam-my-mom all he wants, but I'm very prepared to shut that out, to keep my cool and karma. :)

No comments: