Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On the "effervescent" Paris Hilton

Hmm... I wonder how a person should be like when s/he is described as "effervescent."

That effervescent personality is none other than Paris Hilton, as Sydney Morning Herald called her. The fluff with no content, sure. Famous for being famous, like Zsa Zsa Gabor? Quite. But charisma without content? While it's right about the without-content part, I'm not so sure about the charisma part. Where is the charisma, except the party news, and reports on the various mishaps like being caught drunk driving?

What irks me most though, is her use of "like." I suppose it's not unlike most valley-girl talk. Still, it is annoying, to put it mildly. God - I hope my children won't grow up talking like that... *cross fingers*...

No comments: