Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On Obama's "message"...

What does it mean, when Obama claimed, after Super Tuesday, that "Our time has come, our movement is real and change is coming to America"?!? That's how I feel about Barack Obama, when his grand words are more like Hollywood scripts (Braveheart, anyone?), or a church sermon.

I don't mind it if I hear it on Sunday church or in a movie. But in the real world, when the economy is heading into recession, and the Iraq war is still very unsettled, I'm not sure how staged speeches like that is going to us.

That's one reason I would rather have Hilary Clinton do the job. I don't want another Enron CEO who would deliver the line that s/he doesn't know, since s/he doesn't have the details. That's what I heard from one of the Dem debates, that Obama said he's going to "find the right people" and he's going to delegate. It's all well and good...until it blows up, much like Enron did.

Main media, on the other hand, loves Obama. He gives a good story. He looks good on camera, with flashy white teeth, he speaks well, he's well-educated, he has an intelligent wife, and by jove, HE IS BLACK TOO! What more can you ask for in a poster boy? It makes better story, than Hilary Clinton, the lady candidate who's been around the block for so long, that media simply gets tired of her, like Hollywood would discard its talented leading ladies when their hair starts to gray (remember Searching For Debra Winger?), all while the shameless male old bags like Sylvester Stallone (I'm sick of yet another sequel of Rocky and Rambo) or Harrison Ford (my God, another Indiana Jones) still makes action movies. That's how I feel, of how Clinton is being treated in the media, compared to Obama the new-kid-on-the-block.

In view of all these, I voted for Clinton. Indeed she wins in my state. And I would vote for her again, when November comes.

No comments: