Thursday, December 7, 2006

I feel good today.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to feel good. :)

I'd had my bathroom renovation. It's in pristine condition now, but I've been dragging my feet in cleaning up the rest of the place. Finally, after some 3 weeks, I managed to clean out...about half of my place, and discovered clothings and other stuffs that would never get the chance to see the light of day again. I also managed to hand-shred 3 huge bags of documents (including bills) going back to 10 years.

Mind, that's actually quite good progress since I have maybe an hour or less everyday, and a total of maybe 2-3 hours a weekend, in between my work/family, to do the cleaning. I've been bugged to just go buy a home-sized paper shredder which would probably save me a few hours of the shredding, but I don't want to buy something which I'll use once every 5 years, and which consume electricity no less. Not good.

Now, I feel quite "accomplished." Not only is half of the place cleaned out, but the stuffs that I don't need anymore can now go to Salvation Army, rather than to the dumpsters instead of the landfill. I really like recycling (I picked up empty bottles home from the street at times to recycle). That's one big reason why I like eBay too. In fact, I was about to throw out an old book on the art of mixing drinks, and thought maybe I should check eBay first. Lo and behold, it turns out people bid on it like crazy. Granted, mine is not as tip-top shape as the one in the auction, I'm going to put it back under the weight of my other books. Who knows, it'll be auctionable state when I look over it again in another 10 years. (Well, it'll stay with me for another decade, no doubt.)

So, the morale of the day is, eating is not the only to make you feel good. Do some house cleaning (and stealth exercise while moving the boxes), and you'll feel even better. Try it. It works. :)

No comments: