Sunday, December 31, 2006

Some of the bloops of 2006...

There's an interesting article on the some of the worst predictions for 2006 at http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/dec2006/db20061229_154029.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_businessweek+exclusives

One of them I relish most was the one from Karl Rove for the 2006 election:

"I'm looking at all of these [polls]…and adding them up. I add up to a Republican Senate and a Republican House. You may end up with a different math, but you are entitled to your math, and I'm entitled to THE math."

Well, we don't need to say much to that. As to Rove, it's about time he goes back to his elementary school math.

The other one was from one of the YouTube cofounder, Chen:

"There's just not that many videos I want to watch."

when he commented in March 2005 about his worry of the YouTube popularity. You may say all that you can, and certainly having 100 million views of clips on the website, shows some strength of some interesting videos.

Which reminds me of a video I saw on YouTube one time: I watched a video from a related link from another site on storm chasers, and that linked video on YouTube was pretty cool (about a bunch of guys chasing a tornedo and was hit by big hail storm). Then, I searched around to see other "interesting" storm chasing or weather related videos. One of them struck me in particular: The title was extreme weather. All the comments were like "wow, the worst storm i've ever seen", yada yada. So, I viewed it....and wasted 0:45 minutes of my time looking at some rainfall (mild one) in someone's backyard...through some glass door and flyscreen. I went like, it must be a joke. I'm sure it's a joke. But there you have it, 100 million views and how many useless ones that are big turnoffs? From then on (and I didn't start out on it anyways), I don't really view much on YouTube. I would venture, that 90% of it are losers stuffs like the extreme-weather clip I watched.

So, you may say all you can, that YouTube is cool and all, it has yet to get me excited about it. As to MySpace, forget it.

No comments: