Saturday, December 2, 2006

Such injustice...

Today, I read an article in nytimes.com about the child sex abuse to girls, in particular, at http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/01/world/africa/01madagascar.html?ei=5087%0A&em=&en=4afeb28fb61c9802&ex=1165208400&pagewanted=all For the first time in my life, I felt like throwing up after reading it. Maybe I'm naive to say this, but how could humans possibly do this to kids?!?! Even animals don't, so these people are less than that.

A while back, I read another article in a series of reporting on human smuggling (mostly importing from around the world into America). I felt so sick on learning how even infants as young as 3 months are sold for sex, and to serve as sex slaves. This opens my eyes to how naive and sheltered I've been in my life. I remember one time when I was growing up (in Asia), I saw this news reporting of how a father who had his infant baby sleeping next to him on a make-shift bed during hot summer months, and someone took the baby while the father was sleeping soundly. I'd been wondering back then why people would take the baby. The worst I could think of was, maybe they would sell the baby. But the baby was later found, and I was told he was abused. I didn't even know what abuse means. I thought someone took the baby and beat him up or something. I kept asking myself, why would anyone do that.

Well, that innocent me is long gone, and now I understand how sinister human nature can be. It might well be politically incorrect to say this, but seriously, these evils (they're less than humans) should be castrated. Honestly. Take that urge out of them, and maybe that would alleviate the situation. Fast. Of course you might say that this idea of mine is naive too. But perhaps a better alternative is to take the China approach: catch them, and shoot them. Frankly, I have no mercy for these unforgiveable sins.

No comments: