Saturday, January 19, 2008

On Hilary Clinton's win in Nevada caucus...

Some might have voiced doubt, but I don't, in terms of Hilary Clinton's winning Nevada caucus, so shortly after the New Hampshire primary victory.

I don't doubt it, since as a woman, I would have chosen Clinton over Obama. I might not love Hilary, but I like what her record and experience. Do I prefer her simply because she's also a woman? No. It really is a non-issue to me. In fact, I find her much more forceful and appealing than the other male candidates, Dem or GOP. If anyone thinks that she's a pushover or a quitter, they are quite seriously mistaken. That's why, it comes as no surprise when the exit poll shows that Clinton was getting the women's vote by a wide double-digit margin than Obama.

I would also say, a lot of unions really are quite out-of-touch with their own members and the members' preferences. So, it comes as no surprise either, that Clinton was getting majority of the culinary workers' votes, despite an endorsement of Obama by the Culinary Workers Union.

On the GOP side, McCain would probably be one that is hardest to beat, should he become GOP nominee. While the field is still wide open and muddy, McCain still has a shot to the nomination, given his win in South Caroline.

All in all, it is a very good thing, to have record turnouts almost everywhere, across parties. Perhaps, it really takes a massive dislike of the sitting president, to galvanize a country to stand up for itself.

No comments: