Thursday, January 17, 2008

On Mike Huckabee, "The Candidate"...

Have you seen the movie "The Candidate" by Robert Redford? In no small way, the movie is prescient about chaos coming out of Mike Huckabee is in.

Naturally, there are major differences (that we might not know). There is the selling out and betrayal of sorts in the movie. Do we have any with Huckabee? The campaign in the movie, however daunting it might be for a relatively unknown candidate, was simply a Senate race. Huckabee would need to address the crowds on a national level. The order of magnitude is almost incomparable.

I have come to be fascinated by politics since I moved to US. The kind of energy coming out of campaigns and media coverage is quite unbelievable. I don't watch TV. I find most network news coverage skewed and light, at best. The NPR radio coverage of the elections (primaries and general) is superb. (And I get to do something else while I'm listening to the radio.) Augmenting that with whatever I can find on the web is enough to give me a better balance of how things feel. And it's good that these days, I can find the TV debates of both parties are uploaded to YouTube.

To that, I wonder, when Huckabee is going to be crashed and burnt.

No comments: