Wednesday, January 2, 2008

On wet, snowy winter...

There've been every few snow storms coming almost back-to-back, with maybe one to two days' to a week's break in between, since November this winter. It comes earlier too, since for the past few years, even December had been pretty dry and mild. Just yesterday, when I mentioned this snowy, wet winter, my husband told me this has been one of the record snowy month of December in recent years.

I used to drag the idea of having snow storms, rain, more rain, blizzard, and more snow storms in winter times. It's a good thing that we're more aware of the environment, and I come to realize how the snow in the winter times help with plants and reservoirs, and could greatly ease water shortage issue in the coming hot, summer months. So these days, I don't mind it as much. This winter so far is particularly pleasant, since the snow storms haven't been that bad. Blizzards last maybe just one day. And the ensuing days have been mild enough to allow the snows on the street to melt quite quickly. I have no complaints. *touch wood*

It's all a matter of perspective. How bad (or how good) things are all subjective to us. :)

No comments: